FROZEN IRISH SMOOTHIES
By Kim Dudek
This is a great treat for having with family and friends, on special occasions, or just about any time … Slainte!Ingredients:
– 1-1 1/2 Cups of milk
– 1 Scoop of chocolate, coffee, vanilla and baileys Irish cream ice cream (I Like to use
Hagen Daz brand if I can find it)
– 1 package of Maxwell House Iced Cappucino mix
– 1/4-1/3 Cup of chocolate syrup
– Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur to taste
1) Combine all ingredients in a large metal bowl that has been well chilled and mix well with a hand held blender to incorporate all the ingredients.
2) Chill mixture in the freezer for at least 1-2 Hours. Stir occasionally so that mixture thickens but does not freeze solid.
(for thicker, creamier smotthies, freeze for a longer period of time, smoothies should be the consistency of ice cream).
3) Pour into attractive looking glass (wine goblets OR Irish coffee mugs are great for presentation).
4) Top with whipped cream and cocoa powder
* For children, simply omit the Baileys liqueur and serve mixture in a glass with a scoop of Ice Cream floating in it!
* Hagen Daz is the only company that I know of that makes the Bailey’s Irish Cream Ice Cream. The container actually has the same label as on the bottle of liqueur.