Melt In Your Mouth Potato Buns
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed potatoes
1/2 cup shortening
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 tsp. salt
4 1//2 tsp. dry yeast
1 cup warm (100 degrees) water
around 5 cups flour
- Mix together well the sugar, potatoes, shortening, eggs and salt.
- Dissolve the yeast in the water; then add that to the above mixture
- Stir in about 3 cups flour. Add the remaining flour until the dough is still somewhat sticky.
Let rise until doubled
- Pour out on floured board, roll out to around 3/4″ thick, cut with a 2″ cookie cutter, place on greased cookie sheet.
- Brush with milk just before baking. Bake until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. 375 degree oven