Seafood Parchment packets for two
Mary Lynn Kitaura, Markham, Ontario
150 grams fettucini
10 black olives, pitted and sliced
1 small carrot, julienned
1/2 small zucchini, julienned
12 – 16 grape tomatoes, halved
2 – 4oz salmon filets
8 sea scallops
12 medium sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 dry white wine
juice from half a lemon
1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
dash of cayenne pepper sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the fettuccini al dente and drain.
3. Lay out two segments of parchment paper, each about 1.5 feet in length.
Divide the fettucini into two and place in a pile in the center of each
4. Divide the olives, carrots, zucchini and tomatoes between the two packets and
place them on top of the fettucini.
5. Place the salmon, shrimp and scallops on top of the veggies. Sprinkle with
salt and pepper.
6. Combine ingredients for sauce and whisk thoroughly. Spoon over top of each
packet while holding up edges of parchment so none escapes.
7. To wrap each parchment pack, take two opposite ends and join them together,
then roll them downward toward the seafood. Next fold the sides inward and
roll them upward to close. The parchment should be wrapped tightly with very
little air inside. Repeat with second parchment.
8. Cook on a baking sheet for approximately 20 minutes.
9. Serve parchment packs directly on plates or carefully slide the contents of
the pack onto plates to serve.